Friday, January 8, 2010

Personal log: Goodbye to a Dear Friend (Response by Betty)


After posting my earlier homage to Mario, I received this heartfelt correspondence from his loving wife Betty, and felt that it deserved much greater prominence than a simple blog response. So I would like to share with all of you this spiritually enlightened introspection from her.
To Betty, I know that I can speak for everyone when I say that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and we all surround you in the light of God's love. One more thing worth noting, please go to Art by Mario to view some of the amazingly beautiful artwork from this wonderful and creative Soul. Namaste:


Thank you Darrell, dear friend. I am touched by your kindness and compassion. It's people like you who make surviving a personal tragedy more bearable. Even though Mario died from an accident, there are really no accidents. We only may take different paths to meet our destiny where all our choices will eventually lead...by one road or another. What we learn along the way and the love we share is what is most important. His thirst for knowledge and love of Truth was his driving passion in life and I believe Mario achieved what he came here to do. I choose to see him as having gone ahead to lead the way for others through his shining light which will serve as a beacon for those who loved him. I'll miss you always Mario, but in time grief will be replaced by joyful memories. I am fortunate to have shared 26 years with you.
His loving wife, Betty


No comments:

Post a Comment